If you are interested in applying for an officer position on the board of the inaugural leadership team of Beta Alpha Psi, please review the the application on the Beta Alpha Psi Blackboard site. (uploaded in pdf and MS Word formats).
A completed application, letter of intent, and resume must be submitted to Theresa Hilliard either by email at email@example.com or hardcopy to Massey 215 by Sunday, November 1, 2015. We will be appointing officer positions as well as officer-elect positions; so whether you are a sophomore or senior, there is a place for your leadership skills. Participation as a Beta Alpha Psi Officer meets requirements of Leadership for the Student Engagement Transcript (SET).
Please review the following eligibility criteria and officer descriptions. If you have have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Declared concentration in accounting, finance, or information systems.
- Have completed, in addition to two years of collegiate courses, at least one upper level course beyond the business core. If you are a sophomore and interested in an officer position, please still apply as you will meet the academic requirements by your junior year.
- Attained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in upper level courses, in declared area of concentration, beyond the business core and attained at least an overall cumulative grade average of 3.0.
Officer Positions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees entire organization
- Leads meetings
- Guides and helps other officers in their duties
- Works with the accounting, finance, and information system departmental faculty as well as the Dean’s Office, and Career Services to plan and host the fall and spring banquets
- Plans regional conference
- Attends national conference
- Plans Meet the Firms Night and invites firms
- Professional Meetings (plans and invites firms)
- Keeps track of member fulfillment of professional hours
- Plans community service events
- Plans tutoring hours
- Keeps track of member fulfillment of service hours
- Organizes Alumni Events
- Organizes various reaching local out activities (i.e. promoting ACCT, FIN, and MIS at area high schools, etc.)
- Apparel sales
- Organizes beginning of semester recruiting
- Promotes Beta Alpha Psi
- Ensures that participants meet all of the requirements to progress through their respective levels at the end of the semester
- Manages the BAP Facebook Account
- Manages the BAP Twitter Account
- Manages the BAP B&E Website Page
- Controls finances
- Makes payments
- Creates end of year financial report
- Keeps file of meeting attendees
- Keeps file of all activities
- Manages email
- Generates reports for the national office